Walls for the wind and a roof for the rain and drinks beside the fire ~
laughter to cheer you and those you love near you and all that your heart desires.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I`m still here...


Still stitching on Indian Garden pillow top..*sigh*...I only stitch an hour or so a day, so it`s slow going, but at least it`s going...


I`ve been doing some housecleaning, and also Christmas has gotten in the way of my stitching, but, alas, I fear the real culprit is the comp...I spend way too much time ogling samplers on-line, and not enough stitching...between that and posting on HLBB, my stitching is suffering...as is this blog...sorry.


I`m saving up for a sampler kit...the kit for Jane Bostocke is going to cost me $175.00 US...I got some unexpected money for x-mas (thanks Lavern!), so I have a start on savings...it will be awhile I fear though...I wouldn`t spend this kind of money on just any sampler kit..this is Jane Bostocke!...I had the chance to hold the original in my hands a couple of years ago on a trip to the V&A...it was a thrill I won`t forget in a hurry.


What is the most you have spent on a single needlework project?

2 comments:

Annemarie said...

Happy New Year!

Well, this project is certainly worth the money, it's so beautiful! And extra special, since you touched the original.

The most I've spent on a project is not a whole lot. My dream project - which was given to me by my parents because I could never afford it - cost 250 US dollars. I'm working on it now!

Anna said...

I love the piece you are working on! Do you know what issue it is in?