Walls for the wind and a roof for the rain and drinks beside the fire ~
laughter to cheer you and those you love near you and all that your heart desires.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Mini stitchy rant

Have any of you stitchers out there used 28ct Monaco fabric? I think it`s 100% cotton...and I HATE it! It`s rough and scratchy, and so closely woven it makes 2 strands of DMC drag and fuzz, and twist up til every stitch has to be either railroaded or smoothed with a laying tool. I have another piece kitted for an ornie, and will be unkitting it shortly. It might be ok to work it one over one, but I don`t do much over one, so I will likely set it aside. It might make good fire starter some cold winter day...

Til next time, keep stitching ladies!

2 comments:

Giovanna said...

I actually used it years ago for a huge TW (Millennium - came with the kit, and I had to pretty much cover it completely in most of the picture, TW-style, lol). I didn't hate it at the time, but now that I've been using linen almost exclusively for several years I probably wouldn't like it. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks