Walls for the wind and a roof for the rain and drinks beside the fire ~
laughter to cheer you and those you love near you and all that your heart desires.

Tuesday, December 04, 2012

I`m baaaack....

Well, I hope to be on a regular basis anyway. I really have no excuse, other than being lazy and getting distracted too easily. I have been stitching a bit here and there, not making a lot of progress it seems. I just don`t know where the days go, they are flying by! Hard to believe i`m getting ready for Christmas again!

On the subject of stitching, I have just joined a blog started by Nicola and Jo called Nicolas Scarlet Letter Year.  The theme is to stitch a sampler by The Scarlet Letter and record our progress and cheer each other on. There are also some lovely monthly gifts being given out, which I didn`t know about until I had joined, being of the 'leap first and look later' mind set when it comes to stitching. I have a couple of SL samplers that have been languishing in my sewing room for a while now, Mary Hurst

(pics from SL website)

and A Pattern Record:

I have both of these on the go and I hope by joining this stitch along I will be inspired to focus on them a bit more. I think what is discouraging me is the double running stitch. I love doing it, but when it comes to working in the ends, I start the teeth gnashing and cussing. It seems no matter how careful I am, I am never satisfied with those darned ends! I use a beading needle and try to pierce the threads, but I can always see where I have stopped and started. I may be just too picky, and no one would ever see it but me, but I can always see where I have started and stopped. If anyone has any tips for making the ends invisible, I would be grateful if you could leave a comment about it.

I`ll post some progress pics tomorrow, i`m waiting for daylight to take my pics. Til then, keep stitching ladies!


Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

beautiful samplers you have there, look forward to seeing them come to life.

Gray Bonnet said...

I love Mary Hurst--she's just lovely! I know exactly what you mean about the ends when doing double running stitch, I have the same pet peeve!:)

Nicola said...

I somtimes think we study our work so closely that we see what others will not.

I am sure it looks perfect.

Chris said...

Welcome back! I am looking forward to seeing your progress!