Walls for the wind and a roof for the rain and drinks beside the fire ~
laughter to cheer you and those you love near you and all that your heart desires.

Thursday, November 25, 2021

Well life never goes as planned....

It has been a year since I have posted. A back issue, multiple health issues, depression and loss of two beloved pets has meant a year of no stitching or sampler love. 

The sampler research in the previous post went no where as when I contacted a certain author and collector I was basically stonewalled. What is it with some collectors? Are they afraid by giving out info someone might steal the scoop and publish findings? Instead of being happy others are interested and helping out a fellow stitcher they clam up and give you the cold shoulder. There was one time someone had bought a sampler at auction, contacted me for an opinion on something and got furious when I gave it. If I was correct it was worth much less than she thought. The almighty dollar.

I am stitching a tiny bit on Ann Morison. Way too far behind to catch up with the others in the stitch a long, but I like the sampler so will try and finish it. Christmas is coming, and no, not ready....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you’re doing well. No one blogs much anymore and moved in to Instagram and Facebook I guess.