Walls for the wind and a roof for the rain and drinks beside the fire ~
laughter to cheer you and those you love near you and all that your heart desires.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Just another WIP...





This is my version of Little Paradise Sampler byVirginie Menzildjian.I started switching colors on it because i didn`t have the desert sage by The Thread Gatherer, but I did have a lot of Caron Wildflowers I had bought on e-bay.I switched the desert sage for Tahiti, and the green leaves[also Thread Gatherer] for Jade Wildflowers. As always, one change leads to another.I used a DMC varigated for the flower bed border, and DMC 3821 for the house[that color always reminds me of the south of France, for some reason.]The bee hives are also a DMC varigated.
you`ll find the pic of the original sampler in my webshots album...
It was in Sampler and Antique needlework Quarterly mag.,summer 2002.
I`m still stitching the ornie for the exchange.I hope it`s done soon...ttfn

4 comments:

cathymk said...

Lovely - I like Virginie Menzildjian - she has done some wonderful designs (I have a bit of a crush on the Old Aviary Sampler).

Glenda said...

Another Bluenoser! Cool!

Anonymous said...

another WIP ? wow you're currently very busy :o)))

do you know that Virginie Menzildjian is French ? i think so

Dani - tkdchick said...

Looking good MJ