Walls for the wind and a roof for the rain and drinks beside the fire ~
laughter to cheer you and those you love near you and all that your heart desires.

Friday, July 15, 2011

I have been futzing...

I can`t seem to settle down to one project lately, so I keep switching betweem WIPs. This is a 'recreation' of a Judah Hayle sampler(click here for previous post on the subject), courtesy of Needleprint. The bands are taken from various Judah Hayle school samplers, and I chose the colours. I went with a more modern pallet, partly because I liked these colours, and partly because when I started it I was in Nova Scotia and most of my floss was in Colorado, so I went to Wallmart and scrounged what I could (mostly Anchor threads). It`s fun to just do cross-stitch for a change....I can watch DVDs at the same time!


According to The Loudon Sampler Guild, "The National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) has awarded a $300,000 grant to develop an online digital repository and searchable database of images and descriptive information about American girlhood samplers and pictorial embroideries from the 17th through the 19th centuries." How wonderful!! Click here to read more.


Keep stitching ladies!

6 comments:

Mrs Dibble said...

I can NEVER settle down to one project...dash from one to another like a mad woman...but every now and again some of them get finished at about the same time!!!! Beautiful stitching

Gabi said...

Gorgeous stitching. You chose lovely colors :)

cathymk said...

Such wonderful news about the repository! Projects of that kind are so valuable. Love your Hayle sampler - the colours are gorgeous!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You're a fan of Connie and Stewey!

I love those colours on the sampler, so Spring like and fresh.

Giovanna said...

Very pretty mj! I find it difficult not to drift between projects too... especially when it's so hot, for some reason.

Melissa said...

This is soo beautiful!!!! I love the colors!!