Walls for the wind and a roof for the rain and drinks beside the fire ~
laughter to cheer you and those you love near you and all that your heart desires.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas and this and that

Let me start right off saying I haven`t put a stitch in for over a week. I took my needlework with me on the road...it was the first thing I packed. But no stitching happened. Travelling makes me sooo tired, and when i`m tired I get eyestrain, so that killed the stitching time.
We had a lovely visit with my husbands family, including the grand babies (I didn`t have kids, but I now am lucky enough to now have stepsons and grand babies!) The weather was great, cold for Texas (we were in San Angelo) but sunny.
We have discovered we don`t like driving at night....the eyes are not what they used to be, and frozen road kill makes a big bang when you hit it. It`s 12 hours to San Angelo. We used to make it in one drive, but now we have to break it up with a hotel stay. It stinks getting old!

Anyway, I hope to get back to stitching quickly...who needs to unpack right away anyway?

Keep stitching ladies!

2 comments:

Giovanna said...

I hope you manage to get some stitching time - best wishes for 2013!

Nicola said...

I find that I need to be in my stitching chair to see to stitch.

Happy New Year dear friend. I wish the New year brings you lots of happiness and joy. May God shower his abundant blessings upon you all year round.