Walls for the wind and a roof for the rain and drinks beside the fire ~
laughter to cheer you and those you love near you and all that your heart desires.

Thursday, January 03, 2013

Not much to report here...

I have a really miserable cold, so I haven`t been stitching much. I tried stitching on the Band Pattern sampler but my sore head wasn`t up to keeping track of the pattern, so I dug out a WIP, one of the squares of Houses of Hawk Run Hollow. Just plain cross stitching, so maybe it will take my mind off my throbbing head. Here is where I am.





I am not altogether happy with the colours of the house...the orange windows just look odd, don`t you think? I am using the DMC recommended colours. This is the fourth house I have stitched from HoHRH I think. I am going to pick some from Village of Hawk Run Hollow also and frame them all alike and hang them in a group. Someday!

Keep stitching ladies!

6 comments:

Krista said...

Your stitching looks great. From this house alone it reminds me of Halloween, but I am sure with all the other colors around it will give it a different effect? Hope you feel better soon! Seems everyone has caught something. Happy New Year!

Chris said...

Fell better! Does the photo make it seem so orange?

Giovanna said...

Yeah, the orange windows are odd, but I just like the block as a whole :-) Hope the cold gives you a break real soon.

Jo said...

I think it's lovely. The orange windows are a little bit bright, but it might be the lighting in your photo? It's so hard to tell when you've not seen in IRL. I'd leave them be (think about the frogging... is it really worth switching the colour?)

Nicola said...

It is hard to stitch when you are unwell. I do hope you feel better very soon.

Karoline said...

It's looking lovely, it's so difficult to judge colours in a photo so it's your call on the frogging

Happy New Year