Walls for the wind and a roof for the rain and drinks beside the fire ~
laughter to cheer you and those you love near you and all that your heart desires.

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Revisiting an old finish...

I had finished this Victoria Sampler piece years ago, but it is not 'finished finished' if you know what I mean? I hemstitched it with the intention of making it into a bellpull, but I feel it needs something to make it stand out on the white-ish walls that decorators love to do every room in. So I am thinking about this:


This is a lacy sampler, and I have always loved the look of lace and tartan. I could back it with this and leave an inch or so showing around the edges. What do you think?

Thanks for visiting!



3 comments:

Ann said...

I LOVE the way the tartan sets off the sampler--I vote for this!

Anonymous said...

I think the tartan will be lovely!!

Maria del Valle said...

Lovely embroidery!! It looks so beautiful.
Happy New Year!