Walls for the wind and a roof for the rain and drinks beside the fire ~
laughter to cheer you and those you love near you and all that your heart desires.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Well, things have certainly changed...

Where to start? Well, about nine months ago my husband lost his job. He was a communications tech for a company contracted to the USAF. He still had his disability and his retirement (military) pay,so we were kind of limping along for a while, not in dire straits but unable to save any money. He couldn`t get a job at age 57, so burdened with a huge mortgage payment we decided to down size. We moved from Colorado to Texas, to a smaller house with a much smaller mortgage. Hubby has family here also, so it seemed sensible. The heat here, is not so sensible. Over 100 most days...I stay in a lot!

I have been doing a bit of stitching mostly on my Beatrix Potter sampler. I packed the back of our pick-up with things I couldn`t bear to lose, photos, needlework and books. During the long wait for our furniture ( it is being delivered today, we got down here on the 9th of May) I have worked on it a little now and then. It is simple stitching and it`s use of one colour, which I had multiple skeins of, meant I wouldn`t have to search for threads. I really have not been in much of a mood for stitching, to tell the truth. More watching movies and reading on line. I think I am stressed out to the nth degree, and just want to mostly veg out....
                                                                                                                             
Anyway, here is Beatrix. On 32 ct Antique Ivory linen  with DMC ...um...a dusty kind of rose, don`t know the number at the moment. My needlework bag is in a storage cupboard which is behind boxes, so I will post that info when I can. Thanks for visiting, keep stitching ladies!                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back MJ! Maria in K-W

Clare said...

Love your sampler,such a pretty colour. Happy Stitching.

Robin in Virginia said...

Hello again! Your Beatrix Potter Quaker is lovely.