Walls for the wind and a roof for the rain and drinks beside the fire ~
laughter to cheer you and those you love near you and all that your heart desires.

Friday, September 04, 2020

I must be getting old...

I hate change, and Blogger is changing, just when I am trying to get back in the Blogging spirit. I can't tell if major change is happening yet, so maybe that is a good thing. I have read that the changes are making it difficult for some bloggers, so we will see what happens.

I have started stitching again, and have some new starts lined up. 



First is a Little Gem from Hands Across The Sea Samplers, Agnes Husband. A small sampler, bought as an instant download. Such a sweet little band sampler, I am stitching it with DMC on 40ct Flax linen. I may tea dye it after I am finished to give a warmer colour to the linen. The Flax is a bit of a cool grey. 



Then, on Sunday the 6th, the Coming To America stitch-a-long starts. I have the pattern by Brenda Gervais, which I got from Sassy Jacks with a lovely storage box, an adorable needleminder and a free pattern. (I see they are out of stock, but there are some charts available on Etsy, and possibly other on line retailers). I am using some 40 ct Flax (again) and DMC, Weeks Dye Works and Sampler Threads I have matched up as best I can to the called for colours. I have so many threads I will never use them up in my lifetime, so I refuse to buy any more...at least no more cottons other than replacing DMC as it is used up. 




Next will be the Traditional Stitches exclusive stitch-a-long for the Ann Morison sampler, starting in early December. The pattern can only be purchased through Traditional Stitches in Canada, and I am not sure how many pattern booklets are available. This is another stunning reproduction by HATS, an exclusive offering from Traditional Stitches for their 20th anniversary. I am quite addicted to their patterns, I love to collect them even if I won't stitch them. Their charts are clear and there are always stories about the sampler and/or stitcher inside. Nicola is a lovely lady, really the nicest stitcher I know, and is always willing to give so much of her time to help out a fellow stitcher. 

Well that should keep me busy for awhile. I have figured out a way to lay flat on my back and stitch, at least on small samplers, so maybe I will get some progress on the smaller pieces. Not sure if I can work on larger samplers that way, we will have to see. 


Keep stitching ladies!


1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wonderful choices for getting back into stitching.
Have you met Nicola in person? She is exactly the same as she is in her videos!
She certainly has a good eye for samplers too. The Little Gems are a lovely idea for those who like a PDF too.