The Proper Stitch has been re-issued!...While this is good news for many, I wonder how many of you are kicking yourselves.Have you seen the price the originals go for? I have seen them go for upwards of $400.00! If I had shelled out that kind of money for one, I`d be really cranky about now. Not that it`s not an invaluable book, but would I pay that kind of money for one? Not likely...
That got me thinking about my favorite reference books.So here they are [in no particular order]...
- Samplers [from the V&A] - Clare Brown & Jennifer Wearden
- A Record For Time - Deborah A. Young
- Girlhood Embroidery - Betty Ring
- Linen Stitches - Ginnie Thompson
- Needlearts in N.S. Womens Lives- N.S. Museum publication
- Samplers From The E.A.C. Collection
- The Proper Stitch- Darleen O`Steen
- Making Samplers- The Embroiderers Guild Practical Library
- Complete Encyclopedia of Needlework- Therese de Dillmont
- Samplers- Clabburn
- Millers Samplers- Stephen & Carol Huber
- Beginners Guide To Blackwork - Lesley Wilkins
- Traditioal Blackwork Samplers- Lesley Wilkins
- Beginner`s Charted Hardanger Embroidery- Susan L. Meier and Rosalyn K. Watnemo
- Advanced Charted Hardanger Embroidery-[same authors as above]
- Sampler in The European Tradition- Kathleen Staples & Margriet Hogue
These are my favs...what are yours?...