Walls for the wind and a roof for the rain and drinks beside the fire ~
laughter to cheer you and those you love near you and all that your heart desires.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Fallen World...


I stitched this sampler to commemorate the death of my dad. He died in 1996, on April 26th. It is called Fallen World, in reference to the apple fallen from the tree. I changed the color of the border, and added the initials of my mom, my dad (in charcoal grey), my sister, and my brother.My initials are under the tree...the acorn is for our family surname (it appears on our clan insignia),and the robin is for England (where my parents met and married). I stitsched it on Zwiegart Dirty Linen. The pattern is from Cross Stitch Sampler magazine, Fall 1994. ~R.I.P. dad.~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful sentiment. My father passed away last month, September 10, 2009(the day after my parents 48th wedding aniversary). I like the idea that you used grey for you father's initials and I love the typed, R.I.P. dad, that you used. Even though it has been several years for you, I offer my condolences. I know that I have this magazine in my stash collection and will have to look for it. Thank you for the inspiration from such a sad event.