Walls for the wind and a roof for the rain and drinks beside the fire ~
laughter to cheer you and those you love near you and all that your heart desires.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

This and that....

I have been stitching almost every day lately, but don`t seem to have a lot to show for it! I started a small design by The Sampler Girl called persuasion. It is in the Jan/Feb issue of Just CrossStitch. I am having fun changing the floss colours and the linen...I am using what I have on hand because there is no LNS nearby. I am ordering all my supplies through Traditional Stitches of Calgary, and while I get wonderful service from them, sometimes I just start something on the spur of the moment and can`t wait for thread. I have ordered the fabric and threads for the Sharon Cohen project I mentioned here, as well as some linen thread, thread wax, and Coton a Broder in a few sizes to experiment with doing pulled and drawn work. It was interesting trying to find out about the Coton a Broder...Traditional Stitches has a thread called Broder Special , which I found out was the same thing as Coton a Broder thanks to Mary Corbet of Needle and Thread ...if you haven`t read her blog, you should check it out. She does goldwork and whitework and freehand embroidery...lots of wonderful things!

I have been surfing some this weekend drooling over needlework threads and tools...Lacis is a wonderful site, but due to the shipping and difference in the dollar i`ll save any buying until I am back in the US. I also found a wonderful site with some blackwork freebies called WyrdByrd`s Nest .
There are some wonderful designs there.

Well, back to my needlework. Sorry this is a picture-less post, but I will try to make up for it next time. Keep stitching ladies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just got that issue of JCS yesterday - it's a charming design and I look forward to seeing your all stitched up. Enjoy it, mj.