Walls for the wind and a roof for the rain and drinks beside the fire ~
laughter to cheer you and those you love near you and all that your heart desires.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mothers Day Start

It was really hectic here last weekend, so I decided I needed something to work on that was simple and didn`t consist of overdyed fibers that the two visiting dogs could drool on...so I started this:It`s Coffin Buzz, by Plum Street Samplers. I am stitching it on 28ct mushroom Jazlyn with DMC 3031. After it is finished I think I will coffee dye it, just for fun!

Thanks for looking, and keep stitching ladies!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this chart, it's great to see you stitching it!

Jo said...

I'd not seen this chart before, it's brilliant! I so need this for my office - I work with real skeletons and I'm known as one of the coffee fiends...

Thanks for sharing a fabulous start!

Jo said...

yeah, have found it and it's a freebie.. want to start it NOW.... at least it's printing :)

~mj~ said...

Thanks ladies! It`s a fun stitch...

samplerlover said...

Love these samplers with morbid sayings.
Your Grateful Heart is looking lovely.

Jo said...

well you inspired me to start a new project last night.. no photo yet though!!

Anonymous said...

Wise move coffee dyeing after stitching it up. I've found I'm always "thirsting" for coffee or tea when I predye. Every hear of a company called, "Maritime Cross Stitch"? I believe the designer's name is Pam Stoke and she was from Bridgetown, NS. She listed Classic Hobbies in Middleton, NS as a source of supplies and framing. They closed down last year. I first found one of their designs in a shop in Truro, NS. It was Blossom Sampler and I tea/coffee dyed my fabric. Bought a few more of their designs from Traditional Stitches. The BLue Sampler and The Green Sampler are also stitched on linen that I tea/coffee dyed myself. Maria S. (Ont)

~mj~ said...

Yes, I have heard of Maritime Cross Stitch...I haven`t stitched any of their designs though. Classic Hobbies was my LNS, but sadly, yes, they are closed. Pam Brown that ran the shop now has a bead shop at the same location. I got the beads to do my scissors fob there, and I am planning another trip for a few more...

Dani - tkdchick said...

Great new start!